Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Makin' a list . . . checkin' it twice

The girls have been very busy making their lists and checking them twice. Hannah's list reveals her maturity and organization--it is short and focused:
Harry Potter wand
Harry Potter chess set
Pet lizard
Polly Pocket fountain falls set
Chiwawa Webkinz
It is, I must confess, more realistic than past lists. Unfortunately, however, she will learn yet again that one does not receive everything one wishes for. Can't find the fountain falls--I think they're not being produced anymore--although I didn't look that hard since she already has a million polly pockets. I'm not plunking down hundreds for the glass chess set she wanted. And I draw the line at a salmonella-carrying, live-insect eating, UV light basking, high maintenance lizard. Poor neglected child. Maybe we'll get her a goldfish.
Megan's list, on the other hand, is too long to include here. Her latest note to Santa (one of MANY with an update) reads: "fashoin pollys like allison B. Dose kind. Ariel. Megan's Christmas list." [punctuation added] Translation: She wants an Ariel fashion polly like her friend Allison Borman has. Santa take note! And watch for further correspondence!

No comments: