Monday, May 24, 2010

Bionic Woman

Yes, I'm talking about Sara. (Oh, she may regret that she gave me the ability to create new posts!) This past January, my lovely wife, while ice-skating with the girls on a huge frozen puddle in the woods near our home, fell and hurt her left foot. It turned all sorts of lovely colors (wish we'd taken a picture!) and hurt a lot, but she figured she had just bruised it and decided to tough it out. Fast-forward almost 5 months, and Sara finally visited a podiatrist. Turns out her foot is broken. In the same place she broke it playing "Mission" with her brother in college. And it hasn't healed, because she's been walking on a broken foot for 5 months. (?!) An MRI today will determine the course of treatment; possibilities include a bone stimulator (if the insurance will cover that), a cast for 4-6 weeks, and/or surgery to insert a screw. I'm shaking my head every day, but she thinks the situation is hilarious -- all except for the part where she may have to largely (or completely) stay off the foot for a month or more.

I've always known -- and publicly proclaimed -- that Sara is tougher than I am. This is just more proof.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Ha ha ha! Maybe it's a good thing nobody reads our blog anymore.

seth said...

I read it...

Jen Reed said...

I read it too and I REMEMBER when you broke your foot the first time!! Hope you heal up soon!

oneHeidifamily said...

Wow, Sara, that is just like you to think that the situation is hilarious! I so wish that I had more of your optimism and wonderful sense of humor! I miss you...any chance you will be coming out to Utah anytime soon...after the foot heals, of course!

Will, Julia, and Simon said...

Not only do I still read your blog- I feel sad everytime I check and there's nothing to read. But if you can't walk for a month maybe you'll post more!

MBK said...

Amen to Will, Julia and Simon. Write more while you languish and order the kids around. How much pain were you in? Misery.

Dave said...

I had totally forgotten about the broken foot those many years ago!