Tuesday, August 18, 2009

6:36pm

It's 6:36pm on a Tuesday. We spent the afternoon at the doctor learning how quick & easy EKGs are. I never knew. And now I have 9 minutes until we have to leave to take Hannah to Activity Days at church. The kids are getting along relatively well for the moment, so having nothing else pressing to do, here I am updating the blog. So . . . you may ask, why did someone have an EKG? Because someone (namely me, Sara) has had really really annoying heartburn for the last month, and they wanted to rule out the obvious--that it was really heartburn, and not my heart. I really had no idea that an EKG was such a simple fast deal. It's always sounded so mysterious, so I put it in that class of procedures that includes colonoscopies and MRIs--these whole day affairs that disrupt your life by making you drink things like "golightly" before reporting for this whole day sedation affair. But, in case you are due to be treated to an EKG, fear not. It'll be over painlessly in about 2 minutes and hopefully your doctor too will say "well, that was fine."
Four minutes left.
The kids are doing great. They are getting along splendidly for the summer. They're keeping busy reading, reading, and reading, with some playing, and reading. Ali is even pretending to read quite a bit. Swimming lessons are over, which Ali's glad about since they never did get her in the water. We're back from our annual jaunt to the Adirondacks, which was splendid. We've been to the beach several times, and plan on going more. And Ali does actually go in the water at the beach and at friends' pools. Hannah and Megan are turning into confident swimmers. Jeff and I are still being lazy and still haven't taught anyone to ride a bike. So if you come to visit, we'll try to delegate that dreaded parental task to you.
One more minute.
Jeff's really excited about a class he'll be teaching in the fall. And he keeps talking enthusiastically about a job opening in Mobile, Alabama where he has connections, and Sara keeps raising her eyebrows sceptically. And in the meantime, she keeps crazy busy with church & kids & life--mostly in good ways. So things are good.
Time's up. If you're lucky, I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and how those eyebrows has risen haha love the lucas's

John said...

Ah the beaches on Long Island....... that sure sounds nice. I took my kids to the "great Salt Lake" and they have officially named it the "not so great salt lake".

We are lazy about bikes too. I haven't even put air in the tires for over a year.