Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In the mouth of babes . . . wait! She isn't a baby anymore!

Last week in primary, apparently Sharing Time had something to do with mothers. Hannah was invited up to the chalkboard to share something about her mother. The word she suggested was "weird." I cornered her later in the day and said slyly: "So Hannah, I hear you called me weird in Primary." She avoided my gaze sheepishly. "Why did you say I was weird?" All embarassment disappeared immediately, as she blurted out the obvious: "Because you don't like pickles!" Duh! What was I thinking?

5 comments:

dnbn said...

Isn't "weird" a synonym of "peculiar?" We like "peculiar." Why not like "weird" also? : )

clair said...

That's funny. But in a good way. :) Children really do say the funnest things.

{Mostly Jenn} said...

Oh my heavens, that is so funny! My Sunbeam class used to say stuff like that all the time - precious.

Jake and Kate said...

Duh, Sara, how could you not know that's why you're weird!?! hehe That's SO funny. She cracks me up!

Will, Julia, and Simon said...

Sara- You are weird. Face it. And weird is wonderful. I hope nothing more than each of your glorious girls figuring out all of the special ways they are each weird too. (Says one of your weirder friends.)