Sunday, April 22, 2007

New News

Megan and Hannah are very excited about their trip to Utah this summer. They talk about it often, and are looking forward to fireworks and a parade for Pioneer Day. Megan was talking to Grandpa Snarr today about fishing together when we go, and Megan told him "If I catch a big one, I'll give it to you." Jeff said that Grandpa needs all the help he can get!

Hannah's big excitement was her 7th birthday yesterday. She had an exciting jungle party, and has alternately declared "I got everything I wanted!" and "I didn't get what I wanted. I want more presents!" We think that the former sentiment is dominant. The snake cake was a big hit thanks to cousin Rachel. She came all the way from Washington D.C. to decorate a snake, make vines out of brown paper sacs, and take pictures. What a sport! Megan flashed her pearly whites for Rachel while enjoying her "Supply Rations."

The video below shows the kids when they finished their "expedition" to find the "supplies." (That's code for pinata.)


Ali surprised us tonight by opening her first door. When we installed the doors we went with levers instead of doorknobs. Mom figured they'd be easier to open with children in her arms. Turns out they're also easier for toddlers to open. Ali is learning new words every day--duck, "ock" for sock, and ear were new this week. She sings all day long and can do bits and pieces of Happy Birthday, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Frere Jaques, and the CanCan--long story for another day on that one. She is also still saying "no" for yes, and she is still saying it very politely--much more politely than in the video below. Silly girl.

The other big excitement in our lives is our tenth anniversary this Tuesday. Yes, ten years. We're using our frequent flyer miles to go to Vienna for a week. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Broadbent who'll be staying with the kids! So until our next post--Auf Weidersehen!

No comments: