Friday, August 23, 2013

Home again, home again, jiggety jigg!

We are HOME!! We have been since Friday the 9th, but we have been recuperating. I didn't blog daily(ish) as on the way out since Jeff wasn't there to drive while I blogged. ;) So here's the start of a summary of the trip home. I was hoping it'd be a quick one, but my desire to document for the girls has won out, so this ended up being a marathon multi-part post that I split up for sanity's sake.

Yellowstone
    • BISON!! On the roads. In the meadows. Rolling around in the dust next to stink pots . . . I mean paint pots and mud pots. Walking through our campsite! They were hideous and humongous and fascinating and mesmerizing. 


    • The volcanic hydrothermal features at Yellowstone are stunning. Unbelievable. And occasionally super stinky. Old Faithful delivered. On our second try. As we were heading over to the geyser for our first viewing attempt, someone (Ali) suddenly had to urgently pee. We arrived just as everyone was walking away. Apparently we traded one geyser for another. We tried again 75 minutes later. 
       Haha. LOVE this picture. Old Faithful isn't actually a mushroom cloud! There's a cloud above it . . . 

    • Cousins delivered as only cousins can. The girls spent oodles of time playing with Isaac & Mateo and loving on little Silas. Such fabulous memories and such important relationships. I'm so glad they could have that time.  

No comments: