I hate uncertainty. I'm not a patient woman. When the kids misbehave, I deal with it immediately. (Well, unless I'm distracted on the computer.) When something is really bugging me, I take care of it right away. Problem at school? E-mail the teacher within hours. Assignment from church? Done ASAP. Craving chocolate? Check. On the flip side, if something isn't important to me, I don't even think about it. Which is why my house always looks like a tornado just came through and dinner is never ready on time. That's a post for another day. So needless to say, right now . . . we are in a serious state of uncertainty, and it's . . . interesting.
We've had over twenty people come look at our house. Plus, we had two open houses, as well as a realtor open house, and a realtor caravan (maybe you're more experienced than I am at selling a home--that means our realtor brought 10 other realtors from her office over to see the house) . . . Everyone thinks it shows very well. After all the blood, sweat, & tears we, uh, I mean Jeff, has put in to it over the last 6 years, it better be showing well. All the realtors said it was priced right. We get feedback from the realtors who bring people over to see it too. They all say it's priced right. And that it shows beautifully. So . . . we wait. And blame the banks for being so cautious to loan people money--the buzz says that's the issue. And we consider contingency plans.
I don't think we'll decide what to do until the time comes. If the house sells soon, nothing to consider. We run upstate STAT to house hunt, and get the ball rolling. Easy peasy. If it doesn't sell . . . well . . . do the girls & I stay here? We have a place to stay, good friends, & good schools. We could do a bit of commuting. Or do we all go upstate and stay at my parents? Soooo glad to have the option, but then the girls would start in one school district in the fall, and have to switch again when we settle for good . . . so complicated. And in the meantime, we browse through this fabulous site. And we wait. Want to buy a house?
2 comments:
Ohmygosh!! I'm in Roch II ward and Brockport is maybe 10 min away!! How can I sway you to look at homes in our ward?? Call me if I can help scope any out- or give you the lowdown on neighborhoods, etc!!!
And prayers that your current house sells quickly and painlessly!!
We waited 10 long months to sell our house in Kentucky. It was hell. I send prayers and best wishes and the advice that thinking about other things (denial) is a good coping mechanism. Also, lower your price. Sad. Sad. Sad.
Post a Comment