Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Poop

So I just wrote an e-mail to my dear aunt Mima, as a follow-up to a call requesting potty training advice. We have #1 down, but when it comes to #2--well, let's just say we're still going through a lot of panties. Among other recommendations, we discussed rewarding Ali's hero big sisters when they produce the goods in the right place. From the e-mail: "We made chocolate covered pretzels this afternoon (since I didn't want to make or go buy cookies) and they're sitting on the back of the toilet. They resemble their namesake a little too closely--we call them Poop Treats. Hannah and Megan have both produced and been rewarded. Ali pooped in her pants. I think we'll lose the underwear this weekend."
Mima told me ages ago (well, probably a few months shy of 6 years ago when Hannah was . . . 2?) that her potty training method was "Naked and Fifty Bucks." The $50 was for carpet cleaning when the dust had settled. Good thing the weather's warm . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so funny! Good luck with that. I miss you all, especially the girls!

Jake and Kate said...

Oh man, I'm not looking forward to that time of life! That darn poop! Er..uh..I'm just gonna bail on that one! Good luck in the future I guess!

Jake and Kate said...

Uh, just to clarify, I'm not looking forward to the time in JENTRI's life when the potty training begins. I think I've got it down. Wow, I'm not doing well today am I? Welp, see ya later!

Sara said...

Phew! You had me worried there for a minute! :)

clair said...

For Cambria we went with the "how to potty your child in one day" book and it worked. The idea is to have a potty party... I can send you the summary by email if you like.